Making is Elementary!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of presenting at Dynamic Landscapes, Vermont’s Technology Convention, about our classroom Maker Space with two other Vermont teachers.  My presentation highlighted some of the amazing projects we have done this year during our Genius Hour.

2015-05-21 14.02.02

I was thrilled to hear Super Awesome Sylvia speak as the Keynote speaker. Sylvia’s Super Awesome Maker Show has been a big hit on the internet for a few years. Check out her some of her shows!  I’m trying to arrange a Skype visit for next year to kick off our Genius Hour.

2015-05-21 09.09.48 (1)

As exciting as it was to meet and talk with Sylvia and her mom, the highlight of the day for me was having 4 Techkids share some of our Genius Hour projects with Vermont teachers in the Maker Lounge!  Kendall, Piotr, Maeve and Harlee spent several hours sharing 3D printer creations, stop-motion photography, Linx Vessels, & coding with our borrowed robot, Dash. They were amazing, professional and knowledgable.  It was a very proud moment for me as a teacher!  2015-05-21 12.59.31
2015-05-21 12.39.30 (1)

Even though everyone wasn’t able to join us, we created a special edition of our weekly Newscast dedicated to documenting our Genius Hour projects.  Check it out!

One thought on “Making is Elementary!